This Project Will:
- Provide and expand programming for all our target audiences on a year-round basis
- Help us reach a larger and more diverse population
- Offer more opportunities for under-served communities to experience the value of connecting with horses and nature
- Teach leadership skills and land stewardship to children and teens
- Establish a rainwater harvesting system from the arena roof that can provide water storage and reduce withdrawal from the Redwood Creek watershed and the Muir Beach Community
We had a blast at last year’s fundraiser ~ hope you can join us this year for more fun!
~ Take a load off in our famous hay lounge!
~ Eat delicious food and dance to the music of the Marinfidels!
~ Be wowed by a demonstration of the bond between human and horse!
~ Some of last year’s most popular auction items return such as the glamorous Mexican villa Casa Acantilada in Manzanillo!
GOAL 1 Re-Roof Hay Barn:
Mission accomplished thanks to your generous support!
Last year’s fundraiser allowed us to restore the roof of the historic Portuguese dairy barn before the El Nino storms hit hard ~ Ocean Riders sends gratitude to everyone who attended the event and donated to save our beloved hay barn!
GOAL 2 Build Covered Arena:
This is the focus of our next fundraiser, please save the date of Saturday September 10!
Our horses are the heart of what we do. Each of Ocean Riders horses participates in one or more of the diverse public programs that we offer to the public. Please see Program Page for details.
- Youth Stewardship and Leadership programs: priority focusing on reaching the under resourced communities and underserved youth
- Equine and Nature Guided Learning and Healing: using horses to connect, collaborate, communicate, and heal.
- Equinicity Marin: Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy (EFP)
- Perspective2: Leadership development workshops for professionals
- Community Outreach: offering the public an opportunity to enjoy watching our horses and learn about the history and culture of the Golden Gate Dairy
- Volunteer Mounted Patrol for State Parks: assisting trail users and reporting conflicts
With your generosity we can reach our goals! You can make a tax deductible donation online or by mail.
While our horses are self-supporting, investments are needed to accomplish Ocean Riders’ mission to preserve & restore the Golden Gate Dairy buildings and to offer Equine Facilitated Learning opportunities to the public, especially to under-resourced communities.
We appreciate your support in any amount. Thank you!
- Further restoration of the Portuguese Dairy Barn with an area dedicated to exhibits of the Azorean Dairy Farmers who inhabited the valley: Please see History Page for more information
- Installing accessible facilities for ADA parking and viewing
- Relocate the stalls to allow the Dairy to visually return to its historic open core
- Renovating the other historically significant buildings on the property.