THANK YOU to everyone who has attended our Fundraisers, contributed to our auctions, donated on-line, and helped make our events a success. While our horses are self-supporting, investments are needed to accomplish Ocean Riders’ mission to preserve & restore the Golden Gate Dairy buildings and to offer Equine Facilitated Learning opportunities to the public, especially to under-resourced communities.
GOAL One’s Mission Accomplished: Re-roof Hay Barn
Ocean Riders sends gratitude to everyone who attended our 2015 fundraiser and donated to help us raise the $43,000 needed to restore the roof of the historic Portuguese dairy barn before the El Nino storms hit hard.
GOAL 2: Build Covered Arena
Our horses are the heart of what we do. Each of Ocean Riders’ horses participates in one or more of the diverse public programs that teaches leadership skills, promotes an appreciation for our local watershed, and inspires future stewards of the land. Please see Program Page for details.
We continue to raise funds for this project that will:
- Provide and expand programming for all our target audiences on a year-round basis
- Help us reach a larger and more diverse population
- Offer more opportunities for under-served communities to experience the value of connecting with horses, the natural world, our local history, and each other, while raising awareness of essential wetlands and land stewartship
- Establish a rainwater harvesting system from the arena roof that can provide water storage and reduce withdrawal from the Redwood Creek watershed and the Muir Beach community
Now more than ever we need to take collective responsibility for protecting our environment, animals and natural resources. Overwhelming research supports the countless health benefits of spending time in nature. Ocean Riders is committed to teaching the next generation to be environmental stewards and all our programs emphasize the interconnectedness of living things and our responsibility for taking care of the land that takes care of us and our horses. If this is a cause you believe in please consider supporting our mission.
With your generosity we can reach this goal! You can make a tax deductible donation online or by mail. We appreciate your support in any amount. Thank you!
- Further restoration of the Portuguese Dairy Barn with an area dedicated to exhibits of the Azorean Dairy Farmers who inhabited the valley: Please see History Page for more information
- Installing accessible facilities for ADA parking and viewing
- Relocate the stalls to allow the Dairy to visually return to its historic open core
- Renovating the other historically significant buildings on the property.